The Next Step In Hybrid Fall Rye
KWS Bono yields over 131%* of the checks and that’s without additional fertilizer. It also has the hybrid advantage for improved grain quality for milling, distilling, fuel and feed. KWS bono is truly the next step to achieving the highest returns in rye for grain production.
- Market-leading yields; up to 131%* of the checks
- Very good lodging resistance
- Short stature, easy to harvest
- Uniform maturity and grain sample for consistent grain quality
- Much higher halling numbers than conventional rye for improved milling access
KWS Bono hybrid fall rye is well suited to the entire western prairies.
Info SheetDownload PDF
"Hybridization in rye is a major step forward in rye genetics in Western Canada. The yield potential from hybrid varieties like Bono appears to be very high given decent conditions. A major step in yield potential is what rye needs to be a competitive cereal."
- Lee Moats, PAg., Farmer, Riceton SK
"We are really happy with its winter hardiness and standability. The Bono was shorter than the Brasetto and was great to straight cut. The yield last year was 118 bushels per acre with good falling numbers. We are quite happy with the Bono in our rotation."
- David Hamblin, Red River Seeds Ltd., Morris MB